We are working with the Greater Lincolnshire MOVE project to deliver Building Better Opportunities (BBO). MOVE is funded by the Big Lottery and European Social Fund, aiming to help people into paid work.
We are working with Greater Lincolnshire MOVE, targeting disadvantaged communities and deprived areas, in line with local needs by:
- creating a holistic assessment of an individual’s needs, followed by tailored support
- providing specific support for those currently designated as economically inactive who can work to make a successful and sustainable transition towards employment
- providing support to tackle barriers faced by people in workless households and troubled families or with multiple disadvantages, so that they can move towards, enter and make progress at work
- providing support to tackle barriers such as: homelessness, debt, drug or alcohol problems, and mental health issues
- providing support to tackle discrimination and barriers faced by ethnic minorities and disabled people
- providing support to tackle barriers faced by disadvantaged people in rural communities who lack access to services
- networking back into learning and employment provision, for example Job Clubs or Learning Champion type activity
- providing activities to improve digital inclusion; volunteering experience, including taster sessions and additional support to sustain volunteering.
BBO programme works with younger people not in education, employment, or training (NEET). The geopgraphy of Lincolnshire means that the NEET population are often disconnected from the mainstream activities available. In Greater Lincolnshire, 16-24 year olds currently make up 26 per cent of all unemployment claimants. This figure is above the current national average of 22 per cent.
BBO also aims to provide support for people aged 50 and over to engage in volunteering, education or re-training for the job market (e.g. support access to internet/social networks to reduce isolation and to suitable training and support to develop skills and confidence).
There are four projects being delivered in the Greater Lincolnshire area through Building Better Opportunities:
- Considering employment options support
- Engagement into learning
- Money and debt management
- Supporting the economically inactive