Over the years individuals and groups have fundraised for us in hundreds of different ways.
We organise and take part in a number of events throughout the year that you can take part in too. Keep reading below to find out more.
Christmas Shoe Box Appeal 2018
At Christmas time we try to give each one of our 155 residents a gift in the form of a shoe box packed with goodies.
This year we are appealing for your help in making up these shoe boxes. Join the appeal however you can, whether you fill and donate a shoe box ready to be given out, donate empty shoe boxes for us to fill or donate items for us to put in boxes, every donation helps!
Sleep Easy 2019
Join us as Sleep Easy returns for a 10th year to raise awareness of homelessness in Lincolnshire. Take part in our annual sleep out at Lincoln’s Cathedral where sponsored sleepers spend a night replicating what it feels like to spend a night on the street.
Sleep Easy 2019 runs from 7pm on Friday 15th March 2018 until 7am on Saturday 16th March 2019.
Since 2010, across the UK more than 6,000 people have slept rough for a night to raise awareness of homelessness and raise vital funds to support local YMCA services. This year monies raised will go towards building a vital day centre in Lincoln.
To take part click here to register for your place now
Can you take on the paperclip challenge?
Your mission is simple – start with a purple paperclip and trade it for something bigger and better.
Trade as many times as you can before October 2019 when each item will be auctioned to raise funds for YMCA Lincolnshire.
If you need some inspiration, read the story behind the idea by clicking here. Kyle Macdonald, a Canadian blogger, traded one red clip 14 times over the course of a year, making his final swap for a two story farmhouse!
To receive a fundraising pack and paperclip, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
150 miles for our 150th birthday
During the month of June we challenge you to travel 150 miles – how you reach your target is up to you!
Whether it’s 2 people cycling 75 miles, 10 people walking 15 miles or one person covering the whole distance anything goes.
So gather your friends, family, teachers and colleagues and get creative!
Set yourself a challenge, raise money, and make sure you send us your selfies! We would love to make one big collage celebrating all the people who take part.
Take in Lincoln’s history with a difference… by running Lincoln 10k!
If you would like to run the 2019 Lincoln 10K for YMCA Lincolnshire then get in touch with our fundraising team.
If you’ve already signed up, but still want to represent YMCA Lincolnshire and Nomad, you can wear one of our t-shirts in support of us.
If you would like to set yourself the challenge of raising money by running at this event, contact a member of the fundraising team today to find out more.
T: 01522 506 380
Are you planning to organise your own event?
By hosting your own event and supporting us, you’re enabling us to help others. By organising an event on our behalf you can help contribute to the vital funds needed to keep our services running.
For some top-tips and useful forms, click below. Alternatively, give the team a call on 01522 506 380 or email@example.com.
If you need a little inspiration then why not look at the special dates below. Of course you can plan your event or activity for any day of the year you like but here are a few suggestions…
- 4th May, Star Wars Day
- Get your colleagues to dress up and raise funds or how about a film night at a friend’s, donate what you would have spent if you went out to watch a film!
- 12th August, International Youth Day
- Raise funds for the youth that use our services by reliving yours! Get your colleagues to dress up or host a century themed party, whether that be 80s throwbacks, 90s Anthems or even Now That’s What I Call the 00s!
- 5th September, International Day of the Charity
- The perfect day to give, whether you host an event or not, encourage others to donate what they can on the international day of the charity.
- 19th September, Talk like a Pirate Day
- Do ye know any good pirate jokes? Well, neither do ayyyye! Whether you talk like a pirate for the day or simply dress up, have fun and raise money along the way!
- 14th October, National Baking Week
- Why not get baking and sell your delicious creations by hosting a coffee morning or bake sale!
- 31st October, Halloween
- Take part in the spooky spectacular that is Halloween and do it in aid of charity.
- 13th November, World Kindness Day
- The perfect day to donate to those in need, whether you host an event or not, encourage others to give what they can and spread a little love and kindness.
- TBC December, Santa Run
- Take part in the Lincoln Santa Run and be part of the Nomad team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be part of the 2019 team.