Over the years individuals and groups have fundraised for us in hundreds of different ways.
We organise and take part in a number of events throughout the year that you can take part in too. Keep reading below to find out more.
EAT: Eat All Together
Every final Friday of each month, we host EAT – a community meal for everyone in the community.
The event is free of charge, no invitations needed – pop down to The Showroom in Lincoln on the following dates:
Friday 31st January
Friday 28th February
Friday 27th March
Friday 24th April
Friday 29th May
Friday 26th June
Friday 31st July
Friday 28th August
Friday 25th September
Friday 30th October
Friday 27th November
Sleep Easy 2020
Join us as Sleep Easy returns for an 11th year to raise awareness of homelessness in Lincolnshire. Take part in our annual sleep out at Lincoln’s Cathedral where sponsored sleepers spend a night replicating what it feels like to spend a night on the street.
Sleep Easy 2020 runs from 7pm on Friday 6th March 2020 until 7am on Saturday 7th March 2020
Since 2010, across the UK more than 6,000 people have slept rough for a night to raise awareness of homelessness and raise vital funds to support local YMCA services.
New for this year we are introducing an Early bird registration fee. If you register before January the cost will be £10 rather than the usual £15. Why not do something different for Christmas and register your friends and family!
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter @LincsYMCA and let us know why you’re taking part.
Please note: sleepers must be aged 16 or over. Those aged 16 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult on a one adult to one young person ratio.
Events in aid of YMCA Lincolnshire
We are so lucky to have the support of the following events, if you would like to get involved with any of the events below please follow the links and contact the respective organisers.
City of Lincoln 10K – 14/06/20
Take part in the City of Lincoln 10K and be part of the YMCA Lincolnshire team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be part of the 2020 team.
You can also visit the eventbrite page and register to raise money for us here.
Are you planning to organise your own event?
By hosting your own event and supporting us, you’re enabling us to help others. By organising an event on our behalf you can help contribute to the vital funds needed to keep our services running.
For some top-tips and useful forms, click below. Alternatively, give the team a call on 01522 508 381 or email@example.com
If you need a little inspiration then why not look at the special dates below. Of course you can plan your event or activity for any day of the year you like but here are a few suggestions…
- 4th May, Star Wars Day
- Get your colleagues to dress up and raise funds or how about a film night at a friend’s, donate what you would have spent if you went out to watch a film!
- 12th August, International Youth Day
- Raise funds for the youth that use our services by reliving yours! Get your colleagues to dress up or host a century themed party, whether that be 80s throwbacks, 90s Anthems or even Now That’s What I Call the 00s!
- 5th September, International Day of the Charity
- The perfect day to give, whether you host an event or not, encourage others to donate what they can on the international day of the charity.
- 19th September, Talk like a Pirate Day
- Do ye know any good pirate jokes? Well, neither do ayyyye! Whether you talk like a pirate for the day or simply dress up, have fun and raise money along the way!
- 14th October, National Baking Week
- Why not get baking and sell your delicious creations by hosting a coffee morning or bake sale!
- 31st October, Halloween
- Take part in the spooky spectacular that is Halloween and do it in aid of charity.
- 13th November, World Kindness Day
- The perfect day to donate to those in need, whether you host an event or not, encourage others to give what they can and spread a little love and kindness.