Job Title: Bank Climbing Wall Instructor
Responsible to: Climbing Wall and Gym Manager
Responsible for: Climbing Wall Volunteers
To supervise and instruct adults, children and organised groups in the use of the climbing centre.
To supervise and train (as required) climbing wall instructors/attendants. To aid with the running of a climbing retail outlet. To be the key contact for all operations of the climbing centre. To oversee the facility to the highest recognised safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor and enforce wall safety practices.
- To promote The Showroom Climbing Centre through various means.
- To support new climbers, ensuring induction is completed for new attendants.
- Undertake instruction of general public classes in a safe and professional manner.
- To maintain excellent working relationships with schools, businesses and the public by whom the facility is used.
- To give advice to customers as requested on all matters relating to climbing instruction.
- To ensure that all necessary equipment is fit for purpose (harnesses, ropes etc.)
- To operate the membership software system as well as electronic point of sale equipment.
- To sell merchandise and other products in the climbing retail shop.
- To assist in the provision of ‘risk assessments’ and to inform the centre management immediately of any accident or incident that requires attention, completing accident report forms as appropriate.
- To proactively engage in community outreach, including the supervision of the mobile climbing wall
- To undertake any other duties as required which are appropriate to the work within The Showroom.
Scope and Limits of Authority
- The post holder will be responsible for the climbers within The Showroom and must show full duty of care at all times.
- Good relations with other department heads/staff/volunteers on a day-to-day basis as necessary.
- Creating and maintaining business relationships with both clients and suppliers to the centre.
- The ability to communicate with young people and liaise with the Activities and Community Team where appropriate.
- The post holder is required to report anything of significance relating to their work to their line manager.
Or contact us by calling 01522 508376 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org