Apply online here or alternatively please click here to download the application form and send the completed form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Business Administrator
Job Type: Temporary – 30 months
Responsible to: Training, Skills and Personal Development Manager
Salary: £16.071.08 per annum (pro rata 30 hours per week)
Locations: The Showroom, Tritton Road, Lincoln, LN6 7QY and YMCA Hostel, St. Rumbold’s Street, Lincoln, LN2 5AR.
YMCA Lincolnshire’s Training department was awarded the Training Excellence Award at the Lincolnshire Business Awards 2016. The centre has grown from a position of offering training to volunteers to a funded project based training provider with in excess of 140 residents offering training opportunities and employability skills to those in need. In 2016 we became delivery partners in two Building Better Opportunities projects, jointly funded by the Big Lottery and European Social Fund.
This allowed further expansion of the teaching centre with the appointment of a Resident Engagement tutor to deliver on these projects. After being approved additional funding for another 3 years the centre is looking to recruit a business administrator to assist the team with the ever-growing demands of administration involved with our projects.
A business administrator will assist the Training department with various administration and customer service tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Answer telephone calls and assist with customer and internal queries
- Maintain electronic and paper files; track evidence and compliance with funded projects
- Liaise with other departments within the organisation and provide assistance to the Training, Skills and Personal Development Manager as required.
- Support the CEO’s external leadership and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organisation and reliability
- Ability to follow in-house processes and procedures
- Utilise tact to develop external partnerships
- Knowledge of CRM’s (training will be provided)
- Punctual at all times
- Experience of ESF or Big Lottery funded projects is desirable but not essential.
- Experience: 1 year minimum.
- GCSEs in English and Maths at, at least, level 4 or equivalent and three further GCSE passes at grade C or above.
- IT proficient (Microsoft word, excel in particular)
- An administrative qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with all colleagues across the charity
- Recognise leads to high level contacts prioritise these and bring to the attention of the CEO
- Respond promptly to requests for information and advice
- Champion a positive and co-operative culture and high standards of customer care
- Foster a positive working environment and excellent internal communications
- Ensure effective and timely work planning and reporting on progress with the job
- Take on any other duties as delegated by the Chief Executive
- Ensure that all health and safety obligations are met in all aspects of the role.
- Able to work across different sites – own transport desirable.
For more information, contact us by calling 01522 508 383 or by email: email@example.com