Apply online here or alternatively please click here to download the application form and send the completed form via email to email@example.com
Job Title: Caretaker
Hours: 37.5 – Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: The Showroom, Tritton Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 7QY
To ensure that all designated areas of the YMCA are cleaned & maintained to a high standard and prepared for lettings.
It is very important that the Lincolnshire YMCA maintains a high standard of cleanliness and maintains all areas. We seek to assist younger people to become independent members of the community and show by example acceptable standards of household management for their guidance. When members of the YMCA staff take a pride in their work we hope that this will rub off on our residents and we ask you to bear this in mind as you carry out your day to day duties.
Responsible for own workload on a daily, weekly or less frequent basis as appropriate.
The post holder is required to inform the Supervisor, Property and Facilities Department or their Manager of any physical risks that impact on health and safety.
Essential Skills include:
- Ability to prioritise own work in keeping with agreed norms and to be self-managing to ensure delivery.
- Ability to carry out general maintenance tasks, and have good DIY skills.
- Ability to recognise potential health and safety hazards to self, other staff, residents and members of the public.
- Ability to use stock appropriately and to ensure its use is cost effective and recorded in the appropriate way.
- Ability to cope with the physical demands of the job e.g. lifting carrying.
- Good health record – good timekeeping.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the preparation and upkeep of accommodation and communal areas both internal and external.
- Ensuring standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness are maintained and monitored throughout the lettable areas of the YMCA.
- To carry out spot and emergency cleaning which may be necessary to maintain hygiene standards.
- Convey waste produce to the appropriate central refuse area as required.
- To carry out general maintenance duties to areas assigned to you but to be flexible to needs in other areas if these arise.
- To report all maintenance tasks beyond you’re capability and skill level.
- To carry out fire alarm, emergency lighting, fire door and any other checks as required by legislation and record in the appropriate documents as indicated by your line manager.
- To carry out general gardening tasks to facilitate well maintained communal areas.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope of the post as directed.
For more information, contact us by calling 01522 508 383 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org