Please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Case Support Worker
Hours: 3 on, 3 off – 12 hour shifts
Closing Date: Friday 14th May 2021
Context: To work with people in Lincoln who are homeless, rough sleeping and vulnerable, helping them to identify their support and housing needs and assisting them to access appropriate services.
- Leading and coordinating the support for allocated clients.
- Assist with all aspects of the project when on shift, including responding to emerging issues from all clients, contributing to their ongoing support and dealing with incidents.
- Providing practical and personal support to clients in a way that is approachable, engaging, flexible and caring.
- To assess the needs of these clients paying particular attention to their mental health and substance misuse issues.
- To design and develop new approaches to working with the client group which, through using analytical and creative thinking, helps to assist the client.
- Working together with clients to identify their personal aims and ambitions, and support them to make and carry out plans towards achieving them.
- Ensuring the client can identify and access relevant services.
- Liaising with other statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure the appropriate support for clients.
- Working as part of a team responsible for the day to day management of the day centre & accommodation, and alongside clients, to provide a high quality, positive and safe place to stay.
- Undertaking a range of procedural and administrative tasks relating to client work, housing management and health and safety, in line with YMCA Lincolnshires policies and procedures, and in compliance with legal requirements.
General responsibilities of all staff:
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
Note: This job description covers the main, current duties and responsibilities of the job; however, it is subject to review and amendment in the light of developing or changing organisational needs. Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the Job Holder.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For an informal discussion please contact email@example.com