Job Title: Climbing Wall Instructor
Responsible to: Training, Skills and Personal Development Manager
Responsible for: Climbing Wall Volunteers
To supervise and instruct adults, children and organised groups in the use of the climbing centre.
To supervise and train (as required) climbing wall instructors/attendants. To aid with the running of a climbing retail outlet and hit designated sales targets. To be the key contact for all operations of the climbing centre. To oversee the facility to the highest recognised safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor and enforce wall safety practices.
- To promote The Showroom Climbing Centre through various means.
- To support new climbers, ensuring induction is completed for new attendants.
- Undertake instruction of general public classes in a safe and professional manner.
- To maintain excellent working relationships with schools, businesses and the public by whom the facility is used.
- To give advice to customers as requested on all matters relating to climbing instruction.
- To ensure that all necessary equipment is fit for purpose (harnesses, ropes etc.)
- To operate the membership software system as well as electronic point of sale equipment.
- To sell merchandise and other products in the climbing retail shop.
- To assist in the provision of ‘risk assessments’ and to inform the centre management immediately of any accident or incident that requires attention, completing accident report forms as appropriate.
- To proactively engage in community outreach, including the supervision of the mobile climbing wall
- To undertake any other duties as required which are appropriate to the work within The Showroom.
Scope and Limits of Authority
- The post holder will be responsible for the climbers within The Showroom and must show full duty of care at all times.
- Good relations with other department heads/staff/volunteers on a day-to-day basis as necessary.
- Creating and maintaining business relationships with both clients and suppliers to the centre.
- The ability to communicate with young people and liaise with the Activities and Community Team where appropriate.
- The post holder is required to report anything of significance relating to their work to their line manager.
Or contact us by calling 01522 508 383 or by email: email@example.com