Please send your CV via email to Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk
Job Title: Community Connections Project Officer
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 16th April
To effectively develop and deliver the Community Connections Project in Gainsborough. Through developing meaningful connections between people and supporting the community to take the lead, the Community Connections Project will work to tackle social isolation, minimise disadvantage, encourage participation and build age-friendly and inclusive networks across the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
To lead on project delivery in Gainsborough and to liaise with the Community Connections Project Officer for Wainfleet in order to achieve specified project outputs and outcomes.
Key areas of activity will include:
- Undertake community mapping with a view to delivering friendship activities using an asset based community development approach.
- Support residents to lead on community projects, including both existing activities and the development and delivery of new groups, services or activities to meet needs or improve services in the community.
- Identify and remove barriers in relation to engaging people in a local setting.
- Establish mutually beneficial partnerships which will encompass the age spectrum and enhance intergenerational integration.
- Take a proactive approach to championing intergenerational and inclusive approaches
- Engagement with local businesses including care homes and independent living schemes
- Establish a steering group led by local people and other local stakeholders including housing providers
General responsibilities of all staff:
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
Note: This job description covers the main, current duties and responsibilities of the job; however, it is subject to review and amendment in the light of developing or changing organisational needs. Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the Job Holder.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For an informal discussion please contact Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk