Please send your CV via email to Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk
Job Title: Compliance & Facilities Supervisor (Housing)
Hours: Part Time, 22.5hrs/week
Salary: C6 £26,525.10 pro rata (£15,915.06)
Closing Date: Friday 15th January 2021.
Context: The facilities and maintenance department is responsible for all property management and facilities services on behalf of the Association including ensuring that legal & regulatory requirements are observed and upheld.
- Reporting to the Facilities Manager the Compliance and Facilities Supervisor will take a lead role in the provision of safe and compliant in house and outsourced planned, cyclical and reactive maintenance services across Association properties.
- Provide operational leadership, management and development to a team of direct reports including caretakers and cleaners.
- You will collaborate and support the Facilities Manager & the team in the development and delivery of facilities and maintenance services.
- To work with the Facilities Manager to ensure all aspects of the organisation’s facilities management and premises are managed safely and in line with legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Manage facilities staff to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of the buildings and grounds at all times and the safety of residents and service users.
- Undertake Maintenance tasks as part of the pre-planned and responsive maintenance schedule.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To plan and monitor regulated compliance across gas, electrical, asbestos, Legionella.
- To plan and monitor regulated fire compliance checks across housing.
- To plan and manage all maintenance and cleaning tasks for all YMCA properties.
- Operate a purchase order and maintenance procedure.
- To ensure that all keys are correctly logged, controlled and a register is maintained at all times.
- Advise the Facilities Manager when a job requires an outside contractor and provide quotes where possible.
- To assist the Facilities Manager to ensure that all Risk Assessments and Method statements are relevant and kept up to date.
- To also ensure that all COSHH is controlled to current regulations.
- Maintain an asset register for all tools and equipment used by the Property and Facilities Team.
- To plan and carry out preventative and responsive maintenance work.
- Program and monitor PAT Testing of all electrical equipment used by the YMCA Lincolnshire.
- To be responsible for all tools and equipment ensuring that they are maintained in a safe and useable condition.
- To liaise with Sub contractors when they are employed on YMCA properties ensuring that all works are inspected and completed to specified standards and compliant to current regulations.
- Ensure that all fitting and fixtures and kept in a serviceable condition through regular inspections and rota planning.
- Ensure that all grounds maintenance tasks are carried out to a high standard and that staff adopt safe measures of work.
- Ensure close liaison with all other YMCA staff and ensure that all works are recorded through the correct processes and procedures.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in creating and maintaining a climate in which individuals feel safety has high value and that they are clear about responsibilities, safety aims and objectives within the Association.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in health and safety matters, including but not limited to; reviewing of risk assessments, monitoring records of actions taken and implementing changes.
- Deliver and uphold procedures associated with health and safety training needs for association staff and maintain records of training undertaken.
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported.
- Review staffing resources and make recommendations,as appropriate, to the Facilities Manager.
- Review and closely monitor all estates-related expenditure to ensure best value is achieved and ensure that all work is delivered in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for cleaning and maintenance staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all of the organisations’ buildings and premises.
- Ensure that all YMCA vehicles are maintained to DVLA standards. Plan and monitor vehicle usage including completion of vehicle documentation.
- Be prepared to deal with out of hour’s emergency call outs.
- Carry out other maintenance duties as considered reasonable by the Association.
General responsibilities of all staff:
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
Location: YMCA Lincolnshire (Multiple sites across Lincolnshire) (Main base: The Nomad Warehouse, Monks way trading estate, Monks road, LN2 5LN)
Note: This job description covers the main, current duties and responsibilities of the job; however, it is subject to review and amendment in the light of developing or changing organisational needs. Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the Job Holder.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For an informal discussion please contact Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk