Please send your CV via email to Jacqui.email@example.com
Job Title: Hostel Receptionist
Salary: £17,500 p/a
Closing Date: Saturday 31st October 2020
The hostel is a 76 bed housing project which is operational 24 hours a day. Our residents have complex needs and may suffer from drug, alcohol and mental health problems.
Key Responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Run the hostel reception with effective communication and great customer care.
- Take rent and other payment from residents
- Cash up at the end of each shift.
- Enter applicants and new residents on the computer system
- Sort incoming mail and publish list of mail for residents
- Ensure template documents are ready for staff use
- Answer the telephone and take messages as applicable
- Arrange appointments to interview applicants for accommodation
- Ensure residents’ requests are communicated to the appropriate member of staff
- Produce a statement of account for residents
- Complete stationery order for the hostel office
- Participate in supervision, staff meetings and annual appraisals
- Maintain general housekeeping of reception area.
General responsibilities of all staff
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For more information, contact us by calling 01522 508 383 or by email: Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org