Job Title: Maintenance Operative
Salary: £18,283 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 26th September 2021
To ensure that all designated areas of the YMCA are safe, cleaned & maintained to a high standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the preparation and upkeep of accommodation and communal areas both internal and external.
- Ensuring standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness are maintained and monitored throughout the areas of the YMCA.
- To carry out spot and emergency cleaning which may be necessary to maintain hygiene standards.
- Undertaking small plumbing repairs and minor electrical tasks.
- Undertaking general painting and decoration.
- Convey waste produce to the appropriate central refuse area as required.
- To carry out general maintenance duties to areas assigned to you but to be flexible to needs in other areas if these arise.
- To report all maintenance tasks beyond you’re capability and skill level.
- To carry out fire alarm, emergency lighting, fire door and any other compliance checks as required by legislation and record in the appropriate documents as indicated by your line manager.
- To carry out general gardening tasks to facilitate well maintained communal areas.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope of the post as directed.
General responsibilities of all staff
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.