Job Title: Music and Arts Youth Worker
Responsible to: Deputy Activities Manager/ Children Youth & Families Services Manager
Responsible for: Developing the Music Studio within the Showroom
Closing date 26th April
Interviews w/c 6th May
To create, develop, and facilitate a range of music/art sessions for young people/children who frequent the music studio at the Showroom. To encourage and empower young people to take part in a range of activities, for them to express how they are feeling through music/art and to help improve their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, implement and evaluate a range of music/art session for young people and children.
- To promote and advertise the music/art session which you will be running at the Showroom
- To encourage young people/children to realise their full potential in music and arts
- Ensure that all sessions run smoothly and to a high standard and that the young people/children are gaining positive experiences when attending the sessions.
- To make sure that all equipment in the studio is in working order.
- To make sure that all sessions planned are inclusive to all young people/children who attend the Showroom provision.
- To maintain positive professional relationships between young people/children and their parent and carers.
- To work as part of the Activities Team and support other team members in promoting and running sessions when required.
- To ensure safeguarding measures are maintained to high standard in relation to young people/ children.
- To actively promote volunteering opportunities within the organisation and support volunteers within your planned sessions
- To help ensure compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other legal regulations
- Evenings/Schools holidays and weekend work is required in the role.
Scope and Limits of the Authority
Ability to have a flexible approach to work
The ability to communicate with others
The post holder is required to report anything of significance relating to their work to their Line Manager / Services Manager.
Knowledge and experience of working with young people/children
Interest in music and art
The ability to work effectively as part of a team and on your own
Good communication skills
Skills and Abilities
- To have experience and knowledge of working with young people/ children
- The ability to interact with young people effectively and to deal with challenging behaviour in
- An appropriate manner.
- The ability to plan and develop music and art sessions for young people and children
- To have a key interest in music and art
- To have experience in performing arts
- To be able to play a musical instrument
- Experience of working with other Agencies and Organisations
- Work effectively as part of a team
- To have good communication skills, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail when
- Planning sessions
- Ability to inspire and assist young people/children to meet their full potential
- Awareness of Safeguarding in relation to young people and children
- Youth Worker Qualification
- Performing Arts Qualification
- Full Cleaning Driving Licence
- Safeguarding awareness around children and young people
- Sympathetic to the Christian Aims and Purposes of the YMCA
Or contact us by calling 01522 508 383 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org