Responsible to: Deputy Manager
Responsible for: n/a
Positions Available: 1-2 hires, 40-42 hours
Closing Date: Friday 16th August 2019
To ensure the safety and security of both the premises and the service users.
To implement all policies and procedures as directed by the Deputy Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain the security of the Shelter throughout the shift reporting any defects on the relevant forms and to check the 1st floor regularly through the night to ensure that service users are safe and to complete the building check records accordingly.
- To ensure that the minimum standards are met in all areas.
- To admit service users subject to compliance with the risk assessment procedure
- To serve hot drinks and snacks as directed
- To keep an accurate record of each shift in the shelter daybook and report any concerns regarding the service users to the Project Support Worker.
- To thoroughly clean the ground floor and cellar areas including the kitchen as per the daily cleaning sheet and adhering to the Trust’s minimum standards.
- To carry out laundry duties as required.
- To ensure that the smoking area is cleaned at the end of each shift
- To ensure an acceptable standard of behaviour in both volunteers and service users and report any difficulties to Management.
- To foster good neighbour and community relationships within the local area.
- To be responsible for First Aid, Health and Safety and Food Hygiene within the Shelter whilst on duty and report any problems to the Deputy Manager.
- To implement Nomad’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To work with service users generally and share relevant information with colleagues.
- To ensure that service users have a safe and supportive environment.
- To attend staff meetings as required
- To undertake relevant training as requested
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
Scope and Limits of Authority
The post holder, under the direction of the Deputy Manager, will be responsible for providing a safe environment during the hours of 8.00pm – 8.00am for our clients.
An understanding of working with people within a night shelter and working night shifts.
Experience of working in a care/support environment or security/warden’s post would be desirable.
Skills and Abilities
It is essential that the post holder has excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Lots of patience and a good sense of humour with a lively and outgoing personality are essential.
Sympathetic to the Christian Aims and Purposes of the YMCA and The Nomad Trust.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,152.00 to £18,010.00 /year