Job Title: Outreach Worker
Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs/week involving shifts covering 8am to 9pm. Also covering Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
Contract: Fixed term (12 months maternity cover)
Salary: £21,027 per annum
YMCA Lincolnshire offer 24/7 homelessness support services and supported living accommodation across the city of Lincoln. The YMCA is one of the oldest and largest provider of support accommodation in Lincoln, with 151 units of supported accommodation across several sites within the City.
The aim of the housing team is to try to break the cycle of homelessness and support people towards independent living.
This is a challenging diverse role supporting residents with multiple complex needs and sometimes poor life skills. As an Outreach Worker you will have a caseload of around 40 people who you will lone work on a 1 to 1 basis who live in shared houses within the community.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage a caseload of residents on a 1 – 1 basis providing advice and support.
- To complete in depth needs and risk assessments.
- To provide crisis intervention measures where appropriate.
- To work with residents to identify suitable move on options in accordance with their needs.
- To review risk and needs assessments and support plans in a timely manner keeping them up to date.
- To maintain accurate and timely records.
- To advocate where appropriate for residents.
- To signpost and liaise with specialist agencies where necessary.
- To engage and build relationships with other agencies, ie: County Council, Housing Associations, NHS, Police and other Support organisations.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the issues faced by this client group and their complex needs.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Experience of conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Patience, understanding and empathy.
- Enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Note: This job description covers the main, current duties and responsibilities of the job; however, it is subject to review and amendment in the light of developing or changing organisational needs. Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the Job Holder.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter via email to email@example.com