Please send your CV via email to email@example.com
Job Title: Resident Advisor
Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs/week covering weekends, evening, bank holidays on a rota basis hours by arrangement) – 6 month post
Closing Date: Friday 30th April 2021
- The aim of the housing team is to try to break the cycle of homelessness and support people towards independent living.
- Provide support that positively impacts the people you support’s health and wellbeing, and journey towards independent living.
- This is a diverse role supporting people with multiple complex needs and challenges. As a Resident Advisor you will have a varying caseload of people to support, you will contribute to and implement support plans that have been determined by you, the person receiving support and other relevant multi-agency support workers.
- Support the realisation of the people you support’s goals and aspirations;
- Be accountable for the delivery of the content of support and its administration including, tenancy support, health needs, personal development, emotional issues and inclusion;
- Actively and positively respond to the changing needs of people receiving support;
- Commit to the development of your learning and practice to a high level of expertise in your area.
- You will provide support, advice and help to empower our residents to make positive choices and move into independent living.
General responsibilities of all staff:
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
Note: This job description covers the main, current duties and responsibilities of the job; however, it is subject to review and amendment in the light of developing or changing organisational needs. Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the Job Holder.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org