Please send your CV via email to Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk
Job Title: Support Worker (Nights)
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Salary: Grade B4b £18,047 (£19,520 based on hrs worked)
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th March 2021
Context: YMCA Lincolnshire offer 24/7 homelessness support services and supported living accommodation across the city of Lincoln. Night Support Workers are responsible for the delivery of support and the safety of the premises & clients overnight. Ensuring that our clients and residents have a warm, safe and welcoming environment in which to sleep for the night.
- Coordinate the support for clients during the night
- Assist with all aspects of the project when on shift, including responding to emerging issues from all clients, contributing to their ongoing support and dealing with incidents.
- Providing practical and personal support to clients in a way that is approachable, engaging, flexible and caring.
- To assess the needs of these clients paying particular attention to their mental health and substance misuse issues.
- Working as part of a team responsible for the night management of the Nomad centre & accommodation, to provide a high quality, positive and safe place to stay.
- Undertaking a range of procedural and administrative tasks relating to housing clients and health and safety, in line with YMCA Lincolnshires policies and procedures, and in compliance with legal requirements.
General responsibilities of all staff:
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
Note: This job description covers the main, current duties and responsibilities of the job; however, it is subject to review and amendment in the light of developing or changing organisational needs. Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the Job Holder.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For an informal discussion please contact Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk