Please send your CV via email to Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk
Job Title: Youth Development Worker
Hours: 18 hours per week.*
*Please note: There may be opportunity for the post holder to pick up additional hours on other time limited, funded specialist youth projects during the duration of the contract. Such opportunities will be discussed with the successful candidates.
Salary: £9,442 per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date: Friday 22nd January 2021.
The post holder will assist with the delivery of specialist youth services and activities for YMCA Lincolnshire. Due to the receipt of a funding award from Orsted’s East Coast Community Fund, we are looking to appoint a Youth Worker to develop and deliver a range of youth focussed activities on the East Coast of Lincolnshire. Specific locations for activity are, Skegness, Mablethorpe, Sutton On Sea, Ingoldmells, Chapel St Leonards.
The postholder will work with communities to identify needs and develop activities to address these, particularly seeking to reduce anti social behaviour. The activities should have a positive impact upon communities and encourage young people to engage in Social Action initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
YMCA Lincolnshire aims to provide young people with the best possible opportunities and the resilience and self-esteem to succeed in life. Our programmes, not exclusively, focus on the following;
- Building confidence, self-esteem and motivation
- Improving school attendance and engaging in learning
- Growing personal communication skills and an ability to socialise with others (community cohesion)
- Eating healthily and taking part in physical activity
- Raising awareness of misuse of drugs and alcohol
- Support in dealing with emotional and mental health issues
- Supporting effective and positive family relationships
- Facilitating a better start in life for all, opening opportunities and broadening perspective and experiences.
The post holder will hold the following duties and responsibilities:
Youth Service Development
Assisting with the direct delivery of youth focussed activities and programmes on the East Coast to meet the needs of the programme funder.
- Identify opportunities for growth in the scale and range of activities available to young people across Lincolnshire – either through expansion of fixed sites or through community outreach projects.
- Develop and manage consistent and accurate measurement systems for project delivery to measure outcomes and impact on the young people we engage with.
Safeguarding & Risk Management
- To take responsibility for safeguarding of young people and children throughout project delivery
- To take responsibility for the Health & Safety across all project delivery and champion H&S risk management with staff, volunteers and customers.
Data, Reporting and Analysis
- To adhere to GDPR and confidentiality for youth settings, and ensuring full compliance across all project delivery
- To develop and maintain systems for tracking outcomes and outputs related to children and youth service programmes, including the use of Outcome Star tracking system.
- To support the Community Engagement Manager in providing information to allow reporting to the funder at agreed intervals.
- To be responsible where necessary for the management of sessional workers and volunteers assisting with project delivery.
- To be a visible and consistent leader, leading by example, setting clear professional boundaries and values for our people.
Teamwork & Inclusivity
- To build and maintain strong relationships with the wider team.
- To assist when necessary with customer complaints, comments and enquiries relating to projects you are managing.
- Ensuring all children and young people have equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Any other duties which may be required within the scope of the post.
General responsibilities of all staff:
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the principles and practices of safeguarding. We believe safeguarding has paramount importance, and everyone in the Association shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring the safeguarding of others and maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with YMCA Lincolnshire policies and guidance, promoting safe practice and reporting any concerns
Equality & Diversity
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to upholding the values that underpin current equality and diversity legislation. We recognise the importance of equality and diversity being an integral part of our work, to promote equality and prevent unlawful direct or indirect discrimination. Each staff member is required to take personal responsibility for ensuring equality and diversity is recognised and promoted in all aspects of the role, maintaining own knowledge and understanding through continued familiarity with Association policies and guidance
Health & Safety
YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to the health, safety and welfare of our residents, service users, employees, and all visiting stakeholders. Each staff member is required to ensure that they and others take notice of and operate within Association Health and Safety guidelines.
For the full job description with the Person Specification, please click here.
For an informal discussion please contact Jacqui.Adams@lincsymca.co.uk