Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate – Blended Learning £450
Level 2 Fitness Instructor course delivered through blended learning.
Interested in becoming a Fitness Instructor?
Am I eligible for this course?
You must be 16 or over to take part in the course.
You do not need any previous qualifications or experience to start this course.
This course is designed for…
Exercise and fitness enthusiasts who wish to become fitness instructors
Individuals who wish to change career
Those who want to take the first steps to becoming a personal trainer
Those who are already working as fitness instructors but who have few or no relevant qualifications
Individuals looking to get the most out of their training and become better athletes
On completing this course you will have an industry recognised qualification enabling you to start work as a fitness instructor immediately.
Earn up to £75,000 per year as a qualified personal trainer
You can study at your own pace – with our online learning programme.
Online, phone and face to face support
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR ME?
With our Level 2 Gym Instructor course – you will be able to qualify as gym instructor in 4 months – with no previous qualifications or experience needed. Our course is accredited by REPS – the Register of Exercise Professionals – and is worth 20 Reps Points.
Upon completing the course – you will have an industry recognised qualification and will be eligible to work as a fitness instructor in any gym or fitness centre in the UK.
At YMCA Lincolnshire we use a blended learning approach of practical learning and independent study. You will learn the practical elements of the course at our award winning Lincolnshire Centre – where we provide a friendly and supportive learning atmosphere. We are passionate about teaching and enabling our students to deliver fitness instructor sessions at the highest professional standards.
You can complete the theory elements of the course your own pace – with our online learning programme. While you are studying we will be in regular contact to monitor your progress and answer any of your questions.
You can pay for the course in 1 instalment of £450 or in 4 monthly instalments of £112.50 each.
Learn more about the course by hearing from our past students
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Why qualify with YMCA Lincolnshire?
We are an award winning provider:
- Winners of the Training Excellence Award 2016 (Lincolnshire Business Award)
- Winner of Employee of the Year 2016 – Trevor Mealing: Lead Tutor (Lincolnshire Business Award)
Our Combined Qualifications are Nationally Recognised and REPS Accredited.
- You will have peace of mind, knowing that the REPS qualification is recognised by the fitness industry – and that you are eligible to start work as a fitness instructor as soon as you have completed the qualification.
Great value training course
- Only £450 for the Level 2 Gym Instructor course
- Our programme includes 6 contact days – more than many other fitness course providers.
About the course
- Our course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to instruct clients effectively and safely in the gym. You will learn how to carry out 1-2-1 gym induction sessions and how to plan and teach exercise sessions.
- From here students may wish to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- We have a blended learning approach: you will learn the theory elements through our online learning platform, and the practical elements during 6 contact days at our Lincolnshire centre.
How is the course assessed?
- To gain the Level 2 Gym Instructor course you will be need to pass the practical and assessments – which will take place during the 6 contact days at the YMCA Lincolnshire centre.
How long is the course?
- The course takes up to 4 months to complete.
- We recommend you spread the 30 hours of independent online learning over two months. The course concludes with 6 scheduled contact days (see dates below) consisting of theoretical and practical workshops, revision sessions and assessment – giving you the support and experience to reach your potential.
- Our friendly and enthusiastic trainers are passionate about the course and committed to supporting you to deliver the highest standards of personal training.
- In addition to the tutoring during the contact days – we will be in touch online and over the phone during the independent learning part of the course.
- For instance – when you complete an online test, we will phone you to give feedback – and we will explain any theory elements you find difficult.
- Our online learning platform allows you to study the theory elements at your own pace. The online course usually takes about 30 hours to complete –there will be online practice assessments so you can measure your progress.
- You will have full access to the online courses, as soon as you make the first course payment.
What will I learn?
Level 2 Gym Instructor Course
You will learn:
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
- How to Support Clients
- Health and Safety
- Principles of Exercise
- How to Design Fitness Sessions
- How to Deliver Fitness Sessions
Flexible payment options
Easy ways to pay
- 1 payment of £450 or spread the payment in 4 installments of £112.50 (1 payment for each month of the course)
- If you have any queries about payment, please get in touch with us on 01522 888218
When can I start?
Start working towards the course today!
As soon as we receive your first payment – we give you full access to the online course materials.
All attendance days are 9am – 5pm.
We recommend that you spread the 30 hours of online learning over a minimum of two months to give you plenty of time before the contact days start.
May 31st, June 1st & June 2nd
and June 28th, 29th & 30th.
September 27th, 28th & 29th
and November 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
Pay in full (£450)
One straightforward payment with immediate access to online course materials.
We use the FuturePay service for instalment payments. Learn more about Futurepay here
Want to enrol? Contact us
To arrange payments, ask a question or find out more about this course contact our friendly team on 01522 888218 or use the form below and we’ll get back to you.