The role of a donation sorting volunteer is to organise and sort incoming donations. The volunteer will accept, inspect and separate donations according to the donation sorting guidelines.
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Organise donations according to YMCA Lincolnshire guidelines.
- Accepting donations from the general public.
- Ensuring safety standards are being followed, wear PPE.
- Assisting with re-stocking and stock rotation.
Our volunteers will have the opportunity to support our core team and be able to learn and develop by assisting in a practical environment. Volunteers will also be able to ask questions and input throughout their time with us.
We are looking for people who:
- Have the positive and helpful attitude it takes to be an ambassador for YMCA Lincolnshire.
- Good customer service skills and respect for people’s property and donations.
- Passionate about our charity.
- Able to work within a team and as an individual.
- Reasonably fit and healthy.
- The ability to adhere to health & safety policies both in the store and at external locations.
- Able to communicate well and engage with members of the public.
Why volunteer with us?
- Volunteers can make a real difference within the Lincolnshire community.
- Be a part of a welcoming team and make new friends.
- Gain experience in the Third Sector.
- Develop interpersonal skills.
- Volunteers will receive a 20% discount in our stores.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business. YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to protecting the health, wellbeing and human rights of those we support, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. All our volunteers will be expected to observe professional standards of behaviour and conduct their work in line with our Safeguarding Policies.
If you are interested in this role APPLY HERE.