We currently have a charity shop on Moorland Avenue, near our Conference and Activity Centre, The Showroom, Lincoln. Our shop offers quality clothing, furniture, and household items at affordable prices.
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Customer service
- Operate tills
- Maintain store cleanliness
- Handle sales and cash
- Create displays in the shops
Our volunteers will have the opportunity to support our core team and be able to learn and develop by assisting in a practical environment. Volunteers will also be able to ask questions and input throughout their time with us.
We are looking for people who:
- Have the positive and helpful attitude it takes to be an ambassador for YMCA Lincolnshire
- Good customer service skills and respect for people’s property and donations
- Passionate about our charity
- Able to work within a team and as an individual
- The ability to adhere to health & safety policies both in the store and at external locations.
- Able to communicate well and engage with members of the public
Why volunteer with us?
- Volunteers can make a real difference within the Lincolnshire community
- Be a part of a welcoming team and make new friends
- Gain experience in the Third Sector
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Volunteers will receive a 20% discount in our stores
Safeguarding is everyone’s business. YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to protecting the health, wellbeing and human rights of those we support, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. All our volunteers will be expected to observe professional standards of behaviour and conduct their work in line with our Safeguarding Policies.
If you are interested in this role APPLY HERE.