We’re looking for a polite and friendly individual with the ability to undertake heavy lifting, to support us maximise sales and profit by collecting and distributing donations at our warehouse and shops based in Lincoln
YMCA Lincolnshire is best known for its work with the homeless and supporting the local community. We support this work through our charity shops, and sell a range of new and donated items that generate income to help finance our cause.
We offer volunteer benefits such as:
Flexible volunteer hours to suit you
Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed
- Help van driver collect and deliver donated items, including large furniture and electrical items and assist with the redistribution of stock, fixtures and fittings between branches
- Undertake house clearances and transfer appropriate donated goods to the shop
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and maintain accurate mileage records
- Always maintain a high standard of customer service and strict control of the security of goods collected, transported and delivered.
And what you’ll need:
- The positive and helpful attitude it takes to be an ambassador for YMCA Lincolnshire
- Excellent customer service skills and respect for people’s property and donations
- A willingness to travel extensively within, and sometimes outside, the local area
- The ability to adhere to health & safety policies both in the store and at external locations.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business. YMCA Lincolnshire is committed to protecting the health, wellbeing and human rights of those we support, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. All our volunteers will be expected to observe professional standards of behaviour and conduct their work in line with our Safeguarding Policies.
If you are interested in this role APPLY HERE.